Wednesday 16th 2016
Homeless Ministry Task Force
Present: Doug, Mike, Paul, Richard, Bob, Shirley, Jennifer, Peg, John, Jennifer. Bill. Mary. Pastor Blake
November 9th Stony Point Neighbors
- 40 present - need to keep connecting with neighbors. Reach out more.
- Note: When Safe Parking started, we had less problems on property
November 12th Church Council
- How we can we further reach out to those who have little information? Neighbors and church members who have not attended meetings or read handouts etc.
- Use Q&A to address issues.
- Peg to follow up with Karen suggesting a special meeting.
November 14th Ruth Circle Meeting
- Questions and concerns- Paul answered any logistical questions.
- Discussed project first then procedure.
- Pastors to unpack why voting it not done for mission. Call out untruths. Speak truth and love. Pastors Blake, Jim and Lindsey are ready to hear from folks.
- Paul to write FAQ sheet. Include Google map, perhaps include Sharon Robison Important Points: Transitional, 6 months, score, out of 20, 5-9 , supervision, sanitation
- FAQ and map by Friday widely distributed to church folks, neighbors, and Roseleaf
- Doug to get addresses and mail to neighbors.
- Bruce Robinson interviewing HUTS group. From KRCB
- Continue advocacy for low income and permanent housing
- City Council Subcommittee on Homelessness Monday
- RL Stephens tomorrow 3pm
- 30th November Downtown Meeting
Coordinated In take meeting: John and Shirley met Carissa White coordinator
- How can we, (FUMC) help as volunteers? Applicants signature on application gives ability to share information with all services.
$4,000 grant approved by FUMC Foundation. Yippee!