HMTF Wednesday 23rd November
Present: John, Doug, Bill, Jennie, Richard, Shirley, Bob, Peg, Mike
R L Stevens School Teachers Meeting
- Opportunity to talk, and ask questions.
- Showed care for children.
- Crossing of field by children.
- Supporters, looking at potential of teaching children.
- Follow up questions coming in to principal and office.
Sonoma County Housing for all Summit - Sonoma County
- Data presented on health care outcomes on those experiencing homelessness. Lack of housing huge impact on health. Money put aside for housing has lowered health costs.
- Idea of cultural change/ changing the face of homelessness. Groups will continue to meet.
Homeless Task Force Sub Committee
- $2,000 onetime start up for pilot to assist the establishment of a model.
- What will success look like? What steps can the city make?
- Provide a 'road' map' for others
- Changes and improvements to guidelines
- What are the day to day needs in the future?
- Charity alone does not solve the problem
- Upcoming Summit on Homeless Solutions. Jan 30/31st.
- Are we managing homelessness or trying to solve it?
Outreach to neighbors
- letters sent out, and John left letters on doorsteps/ conversations with folks
Santa parade 4:30-8pm Friday Homeless outreach with signs
Conversation with church member knowledgeable about neighbor relations (SAY)
- Slow down
- Start Small- then add as we feel comfortable
- Quarterly meetings
- Strict rules
- meet some potential residents
- Interfaith alliance statement of support
- Matt Martin director of SAY
Much discussion followed:
- Start up size, most favored start small (up to 10)
- Liked idea if Quarterly meetings starting 1 month after opening
- Great need tofully address night time security from Jennielynn
- notes from Bob
- Important not to be involved in selection process
- Operating hours - define hours Catholic Charities. Camp Host - night, Camp host tent.
- Cost $175-$225 per year
- Health Grant-working with Penny Hunt $400 plus
- Methodist District grant $5,000 +
- Redwood Empire REMM grant
Addressing the church concerns
- Peg to follow up with her contact to reach those who are unconvinced
- Perhaps small group sessions Sunday 11th December at 12.15
30th November Neighborhood Meeting
- Pastor Lindsey introduction
- Small RL Stevens Slide show Doug
- Tom Schwedhelm and Jennielynn Holmes
- Refreshments S and B, Doug
January 8th All Church Meeting
January 14 Church Council