Homeless Ministries Task Force January 26th 2017
Present: Doug, Peg, Mike, Shirley, Bob, Jennifer, Jenny H., John, Richard, Lindsey, Bill and Mary
***Received wonderful mail from children praising our efforts, to be posted on website.
- County Program, ‘Sober Sonoma’ selects folks who have frequent emergency room visits, follow up until housed. Support for us
- Homeless with Pets –offers resources to ‘both ends of the leash’
Presentation to Wright District School Board
24 hour presence at all times by highly visible community host
- Includes training (mental health training and Catholic Charities training available)
- table for hospitality and to field questions
- Call for back up when necessary
- Reference Handbook available to direct folks to services
- Participant sign in/ clip board
- Support volunteers/case worker sign in.
- Locked gate
- Security camera
- Gives authority to remove participants either by FUMC or Catholic Charities.
- Others outside community fence will be trespassing.
Background check- Richard to check in with Jennielynn
- Catholic Charities - Sonoma Country Background check /convictions
- Meghan's Law
- Violent behavior
Outreach Group: Lindsey, John, Doug, Bob, Peg
- Possibilities of both small meetings and large city wide led by city.
- No dates set.
- sent to John Degroot for signature
- HUTS and Tents a possibility
- Site could be slightly moved away from the fence