Homeless Ministries Task Force Wednesday December 7th.
Present: Bob, Shirley, Bill, Jennifer, Mike, Doug, Peg, John, Jennie
Sunday with Julie Combs and Jennielynn Holmes support gathering.
- Talked about a managed program for those experiencing homelessness, not asoup kitchen, tent city or encampment
Jim Leddy Conversation
- County hoping our project will spur on others to do likewise. Affordable housing will be coming to Roseland Center. Very encouraging of our mission.
- Get MOU with Catholic Charities in place which will answer many questions
Sunday 11th Church Meeting 12:15
- Planning discussion
- Opening remarks Pastor Blake
- Introduce guests
- Small table groups with HMTF as lead and notetaker.
- Closing question at table then dismiss.
Other clarifying points:
- Resident numbers: start 5 or 6, single women or couples as suggested by CC
- Presence: A nonresident initially to be present 24 hours with ongoing evaluation of need. ‘Hospitality Table’
- Support: 24-hour help line to CC. H.O.S.T. Police support.
- Lockable gate with key for residents to use, to provide privacy and personal security.
- Partners, pets and property(3p’s) often not available at shelters- to discuss further.
- Counseling Services- all support services will be personalized for need.
- Residents will be required to bide by any rules and regulations.
- Ongoing = less than $300 per year
- CC will hold primary insurance - personal liability for all people related to camp.
- Personal property optional ($200) for FUMC but carries a$1000 deductible.
- Electricity and water
- Grants, donations and City funding
Good neighbors: cleanup 9 am End of Giffen
School RL Stevens 12/21 8:15 assembly