First United Methodist Church
Chancel Choir Summary Report
(from February 21, 2017 Board Meeting)
Valentine’s Day Flower Deliveries
- WOW!! Wonderful – Outstanding – Way to go!!!
- Two choir teams worked Monday; eight teams on Tuesday. (18 total people; two worked both days.) – 215 deliveries in town, 13 out of town – Over $1800 total earned for the choir!
- The Good Friday Service will be a presentation of the Street Requiem. We have proposed a combined worship with the Unitarian Universalist Church.
- REMEMBER Special Rehearsals: Sun, 4/9, 6:30 and Wed, 4/12, 6:30
- The memorial funds in the John Harvey, Phil Laverty, and Bruce Gardner accounts are being used to pay for the Street Requiem music.
- Acknowledgements in the program will recognize these three individuals.
- Offering will go to homeless outreach services.
Holy Week/Easter Plans
- The choir has no responsibilities for Holy Thursday worship.
- Holy Thursday (4/13) choir rehearsal will begin at 8:00 pm in the Sanctuary
- Easter Sunday (4/16) will be the traditional two services with brass, organ, & choir!
- Between services we’ll offer our special brunch-n-munch. Denise is organizing that event.
- Date is Saturday, May 6.
- Matinee starts at 3:00 pm; Evening show at 7:30 pm.
- Tickets prices are $8 (matinee) and $12 (evening).
- Choir will provide concessions, ticket sellers/takers, clean-uppers, etc.
- Earlene will prepare dinner for the magicians & crew between shows.
- The Magic Show is an outreach to the community.
- Proceeds to benefit FUMC Tuesday Night Spirit Café Ministries.
End of the Year
- Mother’s Day Flower Delivery is May 12 and 13.
- “The Human Rhapsody” will be the finale for the choir’s last Sunday, Father’s Day, June 18.
- Tentatively looking at having an “All Church Hymn Sing” on the Saturday evening of that same weekend that would include a “Pot Luck” Dinner and Dessert.
Birthdays! – Marty