Board of Trustees, August 28, 2017

Board of Trustees Minutes

August 28, 2017

 

Attending: Nate Barker, Mary Brunet, Charlie Fields, Norm Hardin, Darrell Jurling, John DeGroot, Bob Young, Larry Schmidt, Pastor Blake Busick

Meeting called to order at 7:05pm. Opening prayer by Pastor Blake.

Visiting from VIDAS: Margaret Flores McCabe, Richard Coshnear, Mark Weinberger

Meeting with VIDAS about possibly leasing the Wesley House. Discussion of parking availability, the number of staff and clients expected, the use of other spaces within the facility, and possible zoning issues. VIDAS would like to move as soon as October if possible.

Motion to investigate further based on the following was unanimously approved:

  1. Cost analysis, FUMC review and Blake will review with Temple FUMC
  2. VIDAS will provide 501C3 certificate
  3. Trustees to review zoning with City of Santa Rosa
  4. Trustees to schedule a discussion with the Preschool

Operations Report: Search continues for new custodian. Possible candidates have not worked out. Norm will repair exit lighting at Montgomery. Mary is scheduling carpet cleaning at Stony Point.

Treasurer's Report: Discussion of expenditures from specific accounts for capital improvements for Sanctuary furnace and A/C. $5,498.96 payable to Bulldog Electric for final connection of electrical for A/C from acct. 1155-800.

Old Business: Larry has researched the replacement of the Steeple lighting. The costs are far too high to payback with the expected energy savings. The Preschool fence replacement discussion will postpone to next meeting. One quote for sidewalk repair has been obtained but more are needed. John and Bob will continue finding alternatives. SCUMY will assist the gutter cleaning, Nate will coordinate with Jacob Wilbur. Discussion and fine tuning of proposed new Room Use Agreement. Revisions will be made for Trustees to review and approve. Once approved, Trustees will present to Church Council for approval to implement. Expected to present tat Sept 9 meeting. The plan for the Hospitality Committee greeting pole changed due to City of SR input. No new action from Trustees needed. Trustees previously committed to provide approximately $1,100 and will do so from Fund 3752-752.

New Business: FUMC has spent $6,500 more in the first half of 2017 than the same period of 2016. Bob Young will begin research with PG&E. Discussion of the Fellowship Hall carpet replacement following a letter from Marty Wait. Trustees are interested in researching the subject further. The furnace in the Fijian offices is non-functional.  John and Mary will obtain quotes.

Homeless Ministries: Catholic Charities has not continued funding for the Safe Parking program. Funding for insurance and facilities should be approximately $4,400 per year. The task force will continue investigations and report to Trustees.

Meeting adjourned at 9:40pm. Closing prayer given by Norm Hardin.

Respectfully submitted by Nate Barker

Page Topic: 

Event Date: 

Mon, 08/28/2017 - 19:00